Sunday 3 August 2014

PRODUCT LIFE CYCLE AND INDUSTRY LIFE CYCLE

LIFE CYCLE OF DOVE SOAP

INTRODUCTION

             Dove is a personal care brand owned by HUL having a wide range of products (soaps, body wash, deodrants, lotions, hair care etc.) When the dove soap was introduced in the Indian market it was priced at a slightly higher range and this they did so as to maintain the 'premium' tag of the brand. However, initially the sales were not up to the mark considering the highly marked prices. Dove then came up with their ad campaign's to promote the products and attract customers.

GROWTH
       
             The Dove's 'Real Beauty' Campaign: This was launched after viewing the results of a survey which showed that only 2% of the women considered themselves to be beautiful. During this they put up billboards with portraits of regular women and allowed the viewers to vote on how they perceived the portrayed model as (see picture attached below), and with its report aimed at creating a whole new definition of the word 'beauty'. Their mission was primarily focused on spreading an awareness that beauty is a source of confidence.
           As a result they received a very positive response from the population and also a very significant media coverage. With this response they then decided to broaden the media exposure by releasing print advertisements, television ads and much more.














MATURITY
  
               The brand is now in the maturity stage and has been here for a very long time now. It is also considered among the top personal care brands. The continuing innovations, the campaigns and the large number of satisfied and loyal customers have helped the brand remain at this stage for so long and if Dove continues to maintain its relationships with existing customers and carry out events so as to gain new customers, it would not be wrong to say that the brand will continue to be safe in terms of its market share.

source: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhAYDDN0yvuIMPbDU9WEIxgMN3K6NStc8Ogg6mAiSdRB5zLZaUGRNwD57rxgZN_4qnYIO8t15wYLMRDfOZE5r9bmjqfEV4ks0oGDHTxttjm_g3Br-uiVfPMRKvySit7BfBTYxc87PlDCqo/s1600/Dove+Product+Lifecycle.png

2 comments:

  1. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {  247officedept@gmail.com  }

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to  the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: {247officedept@gmail.com    WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is Dove soap’s current PLC stage?

    ReplyDelete