Wednesday 13 August 2014

PRICING


PRICING

  •  Dove has adopted the competitive based pricing.
  • It has a large number of variants in the product type and all its variants are priced around a similar range.
  • Considering the huge market share of HUL it can be identified that Dove has based its pricing with the objective of attaining Maximum Market Share, but not through Market penetration strategy.

                Source: http://www.digitalimpulse.in/insights/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/market-share-soap.jpg
Source: http://www.share-pdf.com/1cf820e387b64851afc90a013b3c117c/final%20mrp%20anuj%20for%2016-01-13_images/final%20mrp%20anuj%20for%2016-01-1317x1.jpg


  • It also follows the high value strategy as it aims at position itself as a premium brand.
  • It also exhibited the Maximum market skimming objective.
The competitive price comparison is as follows


Source: http://www.slideshare.net/Mitraeft/10-stepmarketingplandovemitraeftekhar-6960082

The demand curve:

  • Initially the target customers which included the upper class and they still did not find it worthy to spend so much and buy a soap. They then lowered the price to attract the upper middle class sector as well and were successful in their mission

Analyzing competitors costs prices and offers.

  • The soap was priced at a slightly higher price than most of its competitors 
  • However they managed to pull off with the sales with the added value of providing the consumers the combined benefits of a soap and a moisturizer which most other soaps did not.

Pricing method

  • The pricing of dove soap followed a perceived value pricing satisfying the consumers with image, performance and softer attributes such as trustworthiness and esteem.

Final pricing 

  • Dove is a brand with average relative quality but because of their high expenditure on advertising and the 'Real Beauty campaign' campaign allowed them to charge a premium price.

1 comment:

  1. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete